Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I am Comrade Question

I'd like to think of myself of some kind of auteur of pop-culture consumption, particularly television  I don't watch anything on CBS, I post on online reviews, and I have a ongoing ledger of character development and story arcs in my head. I have the dream of writing and running the next HBO hit, or a not terrible AMC show (I'm looking at you, Walking Dead. I'd write more about my disdain for that show, but that'd require me to re-watch that horrid first season. I'm still angry they tricked me with a good pilot). I figure, hey, if I like TV so much, why don't I gay marry it?

My solution is to write crappy reviews for a show. The problem is, I don't know what show. I want to stretch myself. I was thinking drama, preferably on Netflix. The West Wing, Lost (even though I've already seen it), or Firefly (yes, I know that it's an internet sin to not have seen this show). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Leave a comment. I think that can be done. If not, send me smoke signals or something.

And when I make it big for writing the spiritual successor of The Wire, I'll put your name in the credits somewhere. Maybe you could even guest star as a cadaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment